Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 31, 2008

I conquered my fear...

of the chiropractor! Apparently going to the chiropractor is a very good thing for pregnant women, especially when they're carrying two. I was pretty terrified about the idea. I've had in my head for years that chiropractors are bad. I guess it's something about cracking the neck and spine and the noises that come along with that. I'm just not a fan. I also remember being a kid and watching mom go to get her adjustment and how awful it seemed.

Well, let me tell you, I have changed my mind! When I was at my doctor on Tuesday, they recommended to me a chiropractor that was very experienced with pregnant women. I was starting to have a few pregnancy aches and pains and figured this would be a very good thing for me and the babies. I'm all for preventing future problems, so this seemed like a good solution. I called the chiropractor's office and was able to get an appointment for Wednesday afternoon (before I had time to change my mind!). I went and was pretty scared. My blood pressure was so sky high that they took it a second time, only for it to be even higher! I told them that was not normal and I was just very nervous. I met Dr. Adair and was immediately calmed. You know how some people bring peace to a room just by being so calm? He is one of those saints! I'm here to tell you that I think I did a great job. I was actually able to relax and he talked me through everything that he was doing. It was great. I'm sure the babies are liking this too. They're getting lots of extra room in there since he's aligning things properly. I'm a little sore today in my muscles but that is to be expected. I go back again today and tomorrow, and then we'll slowly taper it down to 2 or 3 times per month. I have to say I'm actually looking forward to going back. I'm surprised at how relaxed I was! I think this will be a very good thing for my health.

So if you're terrified to do something, just try it! You might be as surprised as I am. You might actually like it! I'm so thankful that God led me to such a great OB and chiropractor. I can't imagine getting better care from anyone else. They are the best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you were able to get over the hurdle of the Dr.. and your sinus infection is clearing up. Your going to need all the room you can get as those babies continue to grow.. Nana continues to pray for ALL of you. Also, additional strength and patience for Steven. :) God Bless