Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Molly

Have you met our first child? Didn't you know that these 2 little ones are really our 2nd and 3rd children? Our first child's name is Molly and boy is she spoiled rotten. Daddy thinks that she can do no wrong and she knows it! Molly is stubborn, cuddly, laid back (LAZY!), and as sweet as can be. She also makes sure you know when she has not gotten enough attention that day. There's one thing about Molly that we don't even think she realizes - she's a dog!

Since we found out about the twins, Steven and I have been brain storming about what we can get rid of to make more room in our house. We don't have a very big house and it's already quite cluttered just from us. We decided that we could get rid of one of our couches, the one we affectionately call Molly's couch. See, we (Steven) think that the two dog beds we have for her isn't enough and she should be able to get on a piece of furniture so she can snuggle up to him. So we let her use the older couch as hers and she was completely in love. It was funny to see how comfortable she was. Well, when we discussed getting rid of this couch, Steven stood up for Molly saying that we should still allow her on a couch if we get rid of hers. I was not easily convinced. Molly can stink sometimes and her hair gets on everything! We are in a never ending losing battle with her hair. So obviously, I didn't want her on our microfiber couches, coating them in Molly hair. Finally, a compromise was reached in Molly's favor. I agreed that if we could get rid of her couch, I would let her on one of our couches if we kept it covered in a sheet that I could wash. As you can see from the picture, I don't think she's complaining!














One note - I love Molly just as much as Steven does. I just think it's funny how we would treat her differently if it were up to just one of us. I guess dogs are good training for parenthood after all!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Cute pictures! I didn't get to meet Molly last time you were up north - maybe next time! Glad to hear you're doing well and feeling better.