I guess I was just taking a break! Anyway, things have been going great! I had a baby shower a few weeks ago that was just awesome. We are so blessed by amazing friends and family. I was thrilled that my mom got to come to Chattanooga for the shower. It was so good to see her and for her to be a part of the baby shower. I think she'd agree that she had a great time, even if it was short! (Gotta save those vacation days for the boys' arrival!)
I am doing well. I've been off work for a month or so and it has been wonderful. I get a little bored some days but really it's not been bad! I can still do a few things around the house and a few days a week I get out and go run a small errand of some sort. It really helps to break up the weeks. I now ride the electric scooter at any store that has them; it's just too exhausting for me not to. As of today I've gained a whopping 10 lbs - I think I can handle that! I'm ready to fast forward through the next several weeks and start the next phase of life. I won't bore you with all the aches and pains I'm having; I'm sure you can try to imagine!
Now to the important subject - the boys! They are doing awesome!! As of today they weigh 3 lbs 12 oz each and are approx. 18" long. They're big boys!! They are measuring at least 1 week ahead. The "average" weight for a single baby at 30 weeks is 3 lbs, so obviously ours are ahead of the game. That's a REALLY good thing. The bigger the babies, typically the healthier. That's not always true but big twins will go a long way in staying out of the NICU. That's our goal! The doctor said there is the potential to go in to labor earlier than 37 weeks just because the babies will have no more room. If we can just hit 35 weeks I am a happy camper. We'll see! Baby A (Luke) is still breech and Baby B (Logan) is vertex (head down). Logan seems to flip flop back and forth but the main one we're watching is Luke. If he stays breech, we have an automatic C-section. I don't think that boy is going to budge! Also, the ultrasound today showed that the boys are going to have a big head like their Daddy. Their head circumference measured 2 weeks ahead, while the rest of their body only measured 1 week ahead. Those big heads are measuring 11.6" around. That's pretty big if you ask me!
I'm going to post the links to 2 different photo albums, 1 of room pictures and some of the gifts we've received, and 1 of the 3D ultrasound I had today. The ultrasound went well, but Logan would not cooperate. He decided to face my spine and only show us the back of his head. He is certainly my mellow and shy child! Luke on the other hand was a ham! He gave us quite a few good pictures of his face. They're so jammed in there that it's hard to get a decent picture anymore. They're already running out of room!
I'm sure I've forgotten many things but that's just the way it is nowadays! Let me know if you have questions or comments!
God bless you,
Valerie
PS- Nana (aka Val's mom) had to have arthroscopic knee surgery today. It went well but pray that she has a quick recovery. She'll be here for the birth for sure but it would be great if she wasn't in a lot of pain when she comes!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment