Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Platinum and oh so done!

So I have reached platinum level for a twin pregnancy - 34 weeks! If the boys were to come today they may have a short NICU stay but that's probably it. I should have perfectly healthy big baby boys! They could come at any time now and we are oh so ready!

First we'll start with an update on the boys. The are approx. 5 lbs 10 oz already at 34 weeks! The weight estimate can be up to a pound off but we figure they are close to 5.5l bs based on previous growth scans. Those are great weights and means they are VERY healthy boys! They are both breech and will probably stay that way at this point in the pregnancy. I can't imagine they have ANY room to flip! Steven and I joke that when they are hitting and kicking all around my belly, that they're really just trying to find out how to get out of there. We get a good chuckle out of it!

I praise God every day that the boys are doing so well because that's all that makes pregnancy bearable at this point. Not to be a whiner, but I'm DONE! I can't even begin to list everything that hurts or is swollen - the list is far too long! Pregnancy has been an adventure and I'm so SO SO grateful for the opportunity and experience, but I'm also ready to move on. I just want my boys!! I'm currently dilated 1cm and am still having mild contractions about every 5 minutes - but nothing that is putting me into active labor. I keep waiting and hoping that something will happen but so far nothing. I have another OB appointment on Tuesday with Dr. Brody who will be back from vacation. Yeah!! They're watching my blood pressure and other things carefully for pre-eclampsia so we'll see if anything changes. I know that Nana is VERY anxiously awaiting a phone call so she can hop on a plane! I sometimes wonder who is more ready for the boys - me, Steven, or Nana!!! I think we each have our days. :-)

So next are some pics for you.

This is me at 33 weeks. Not the greatest belly shot (I am getting HUGE!) but still a great pic.



Steven and I - I love this one! (Ignore my hideous shoes - they're the only ones that fit my swollen feet!)



Sweet Molly! She got a bath at the vet yesterday so she's clean and ready for company (even if she really has NO clue what's about to happen in her house!)



A gorgeous picture that Steven took outside our house with our new camera. We got a great deal on a new digital camera at Target for $100! Better than what we had and didn't cost much (cuz it's not like we have any money!) :-)



Pray for healthy babies SOON! We'll try to update as soon as we know anything significant on their arrival! Love y'all! (That's the southern girl coming out in me!) :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear all is still well with the three of you! You are going ot have to blog mre oftern or I will just worry.:)
Seriously, put your feet up and sit under a fan and wait for only 23 days more to pass. Count them down one day at a time.

shawnee said...

Heyu Valerie and Steven and "boys", we are continuing to pray for all of you. I know how anxious you must be getting, I am sure everything is ready and waiting. I know this family is blessed and all is going to be wonderful..may God continue to bless all of you and keep you in his hands......Love Shawnee and Krissy too..........